Friday didn't go as planned for me, no surprise there. My plan was to clean house since hubby is coming home on leave on the 26th. Managed to get some done. Vacuumed and mopped the living room, did some dusting, hung some pictures, chased the kids, didn't eat until noon. Oh, and I slept in since there is no school for the kids. Sleeping in is 8:30 around here. Anyway, didn't get my WOD in. Had "girls night" with my friend, Tonya. She is on a "belly buster" diet from her Dr. That made it easier when it came to dining out! I had the salmon with steamed broccoli, water with lemon, and NO BREAD!! We usually devour at least two baskets of the stuff at Carraba's. To be honest, it smelled fantastic, but I really didn't even want it. Tonya only had 2 pieces! So proud of her. I kept saying in my head, "you are here to enjoy each others company, not so much the food.". We get together at least once a month. No kids, no husbands, no worries. Neither of us batted an eye when the waiter asked if we were going to have dessert! I think we shocked him when we said "no thank you" in stereo. I think that is the first time I have left Carraba's not feeling bloated and ready for a nap. YAY
So, today, I will do TWO Wod's to make up for my lapse yesterday. One is already done. AMRAP in 15min.
5 sit ups
10 push ups
15 squats
20 lunges
First WoD I managed 3 1/2 rounds. Got the heart rate going and worked up a sweat. Felt good to get it done. Hard to believe that I was feeling guilty for skipping it Friday! I don't normally do that...usually it's, "oh well, maybe I'll do it tomorrow.". And then tomorrow never comes. What the hell is going on here??!! :) Good things, apparently!
Second WoD, only three rounds. But, the girl across the street joined in with me and I had to stop a couple of times to correct her form. She asked me, when I came to round up my kids, if I was working out today. I said of course and she asked, "can I do it with you?". Keep in mind, she is only 11! We walked first, up and down the block twice, even sometimes walking backwards. Josh and Victoria also did the walk! Awesome!! I love it. Today was a good day.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Bad Day turns Good
Posted by Kristine at Saturday, June 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment